Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Growing up in the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia made me acquire a great appreciation for quality apples. It is Fall so that means apples and pumpkin everything!!
Here is a recipe to add to all your wonderful fall creations!
PROTEIN APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, (I used Biosteel Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup grated apples
- 1 ½ cups chopped apples
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with small parchment paper or muffin liners.
2. In a medium bowl mix together top 7 ingredients and set aside.
4. Divide batter into muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.