This time of year can be hard with all of the Christmas parties and never-ending Christmas cookie trays. I wanted to share a new obsession with you: Freezer Fat Fudge. I love anything salted caramel so I wanted to put my own twist on Freezer Fudge. This is a great sweet option to have at this time of year because it is loaded with healthy fats and fiber in order to sustain your blood sugar and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time.
Salted Caramel Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other natural nut butter)
- 5 medjool dates (preferably previously soaked)
- sea salt
- Make a date paste: in a small food processor add dates and a sprinkle of sea salt and pulse until paste forms (you may need to add water if too sticky).
- Melt the coconut oil on the stove top until liquid.
- Whisk in almond butter and maple syrup
- Add and divide date paste to the bottom of an ice cube tray until even.
- Pour over coconut oil mixture (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with sea salt
- Freeze for minimum 30 minutes and then turn out of the ice cube tray and store in an airtight container in the fridge.